Thursday, August 9, 2018

Great interaction last week on this blog!  That was fun!  I apologize that I am late in getting on here this week, but I had a funeral and a day spent with the youth group early this week, thus I am behind...

I want to think about Colossians 1:24 one more time, if that is ok...

Here is a question for you:

When it comes to recognizing that my sufferings can and will definitely be used by God to embody the truth and the experience of Christ's sufferings to the world of people today who have not seen or understood the sufferings of our Savior...

Should I seek opportunities to suffer for Christ?  ...or how will I know if that is what I am doing, and whether I am suffering in a manner that honors the Lord?

Can't wait to hear your comments!

4 comments:

  1. What would suffering look like? Would you considering suffering as stepping out of your bubble and talking to someone about your faith that you normally wouldn’t. With the possibility of transforming that persons life by hearing your testimony?? Or am i on the wrong pape lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one level that is a part of it... I think actual suffering comes more from persecution for following Christ... but on a small scale, If I am willing to step out if a comfort zone to share Christ with someone, there is a degree of pain (thus suffering) with that... good thinking!

      Delete
  2. If someone is calling out my faith and putting me down for having it, it is in my response that Christ can use me as a witness for HIM. If I respond in a knee-jerk manner my witness can be tarnished, while if I step back and respond as Christ would, with gentleness and truth, I can further the word of a God in a profitable way for the kingdom. We cannot determine how someone will respond to outlet faith; only how WE respond to their behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck, you are right on! Our responses are continually under review by everyone we know. The manner in which we speak and live, even in those "knee-jerk" moments, shapes our testimony and the way that others see Christ... and what they think of Christ. What they think of us, is largely what they will think of Christ!

    ReplyDelete